Calling Aussies for this great competition run by the Australian wholesaler for Stampendous stamps. Each month I will be creating a project to inspire you for the monthly blog hop competition run by The Stencil Specialists. This month we are using the cute Stylized Whale stamp designed by Fran Seiford.
I’ve created a watery, shell encrusted card to inspire you. I had some marbled paper scraps so it was perfect for the whale.
- Start your card by stamping the whale onto some patterned paper. If you don’t have anything suitable, a swish of blue and green stamping dye ink or watercolour paint will give you a nice random background.
- Fussy cut the whale.
- Keep a portion of the paper to use as a torn layer.
- Emboss a panel of white cardstock and ink slightly with blue and yellow dye ink.
- Colour a scrap of cheesecloth with brown dye ink.
- Stamp a greeting using blue ink and fussy cut close to the word.
- Layer the card elements onto a folded card base.
- Add some shells of different sizes – make sure you add some tiny ones as ‘barnacles’!
Don’t forget to also pop over to the other blogs to check out what they have created for the hop!
Contest details –
To enter please visit each blog post and comment on the April blog hop post. Each comment is one entry so comment on each blog and you will have three entries into the contest. Make sure you only comment once per blog. This competition is open to Australian residents only and the winner will be selected randomly by Julie after the end of April. The prize will be Cling Stylized Whale rubber stamp.
PS You can subscribe to my blog to receive updates and sneaks for the next challenge.