Darkroom Door is sponsoring the Scrap Around the World challenge blog for this month and I’ve created a layout to play along. If you aren’t familiar with this challenge blog – check it out! Each month an inspirational mood board image is posted and either layouts, canvases or art journal pages can be created to participate. The month of May is birthday month and there are a huge number of sponsors giving away fantastic prizes! Here is the mood board image for May –
I took some inspiration from the clean white space and the soft pinks. The journaling is a little small but the story behind my page is about a special celebration held for the older women in our Church last year. The Mothers’ Union group turned 75 and the younger women of the parish got together to prepare food and decorations and ‘served’ the older ladies a beautiful high tea. However, it was a bittersweet day as the group was soon to close due to lack of members.
– Select a sheet of patterned paper which has a neutral pattern and tear around the edges so that it can be layered onto a 12 x 12 sheet of pink cardstock.
– Use some Gesso to ‘ink’ the Darkroom Door French Script background stamp and stamp over parts of the patterned paper. Allow to dry. Clean your stamp immediately!
– Spritz paper with Pretty Pink Mister Huey’s spray. Sponge over parts of the sprayed areas with Tattered Rose Distress ink. This will make the gesso stamped areas pop out.
– Make a small rip in the top, left corner. Sponge the rip and all around the torn edges of the paper as well as parts to the pink cardstock with Fired Brick & Tattered Rose Distress inks.
– Stamp two of just the flower heads from one of the stamps in the Darkroom Door Full Bloom Vol 1 set. Colour with Copics and spritz with a little Shine Mister Huey’s spray for a bit of shimmer. Trim out the flower head.
– Layer one flower head with a paper doyley behind the ripped part of the patterned paper. Add a paper doyley under the paper in the bottom, left corner. Affix patterned paper to pink cardstock base layer.
– Stamp collage image from Darkroom Door Art De Fleur Vol 1 set and colour with Copics. Tear around flower heads and sponge edges with Tattered Rose Distress Ink.
– Group photos over another two paper doyleys, coloured flower head and torn part of Art De Fleur image and affix.
– Print journaling onto vellum and affix.
– Trim a few words from the Darkroom Door Kimono Wordstrips and affix along the side of one of the photos.
– Stamp Darkroom Door Birthday Wordblock stamp in black and trim out the word ‘Celebrate’ and affix.
– Scatter some rhinestones and pearls over the page and you are done!
- Darkroom Door Full Bloom Vol 1 stamp set
- Darkroom Art De Fleur Vol 1 stamp set
- Darkroom Door French Script Background stamp
- Darkroom Door Birthday Wordblock stamp
- Darkroom Door Kimono Wordstrips
- Mister Huey’s Color Mist – Pretty Pink, Shine
- Ranger Distress Ink – Tattered Rose, Fired Brick
- Ranger Blending Tool
- Momento Ink – Tuxedo Black
- Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black
- Copic Blending Cardstock
- Copic markers R81, R83, R85, YG07, Y04
- Paper doyley, rhinestones & pearls
- Pink Bazzill, Studio Calico, vellum
Let me know if you are playing along with the Scrap Around the World challenge – I’d love to go and have a peek! If you would like to see layouts from the other Darkroom Door girls, check out this post.