Do your dreams have wings?
Perhaps your dreams are full of colour and texture and you would love to capture that feeling in your art journal? This might be the class where you learn to delve into another world and play with collage and paint for the pure fun of it!
Why not join me this Friday as we jump into the wonderful world of mixed media and art journaling. This will be the first of regular Friday classes featuring mixed media and art journaling at Bella Paperie. Although aimed as a ‘beginner class’, my regular students and ones familiar with mixed media will still find lots to learn and challenge them.
If you already art journal – bring along your usual kit, if not come along to this weekday class to learn what you might need to purchase as the materials list is a brief guide. You will need an approx. A4 sized journal to begin with – please check in store for details or we can provide a sheet of heavy watercolour paper to get you started.
For this first weekday class, I will bring along most of the supplies to share but please bring what you have from the materials listed to save time waiting. I have listed a kit of ‘basics’ that you will need to bring to every class. As always, the listed supplies are available to purchase from Bella Paperie before class.
We will be working in an A4 sized journal and please have on hand –
- 2-3 acrylic paints for background – I have used shades of pink
- 2-3 stencils with small patterns for background
- Dye based markers for colouring butterflies, Ecoline, Tombow or Distress markers are perfect. We will have some on hand to share.
- Chalk inks in pale flower & leaf colours (if you have them)
- Fine scissors for fussy cutting butterflies
- White gesso
- Liquid glue for adhering butterflies
Basics – required for each class
- A sense of fun and the will to get painty;)
- Pencil, rubber
- A variety of paint brushes in different sizes. Bella Paperie sells great starter packs of brushes.
- Aquash brush is handy to have on hand
- Sponge for stencilling
- Paint palette – one with separate wells will be very useful or a small plastic plate
- Paint spatula
- Non–stick craft mat
- Spray bottle for water
- Baby wipes
- Paper towel
- Container for water
- Heat tool (only if you have one)
Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Phone 3205 5911 to book. Class runs 10am – 2pm, March 23 and costs $30 with some supplies provided.