What will you wish for??
Do you wish to spend a glorious day painting and laughing while learning a few techniques for your art journal? Why not join me in class this weekend to create a colourful art journal page featuring a variety of techniques. This time we will be mostly using acrylic inks instead of paints and I will teach you how to create the beautifully layered backgrounds that come easily with these inks. You will also learn some easy ways to use rubber stamps in your journal and a quick and easy doodling technique.
We will be working in an A4 sized journal and you will need to have the following on hand –
- Acrylic inks in a variety of colours for background. We will have a limited number on hand for use. Bella Paperie stocks the beautiful Amsterdam acrylic inks but other brands will be suitable.
- A variety of acrylic paints in colours to complement your inks
- Dina Wakley Scribble sticks will be handy for exta colour – Gelatos, Tim Holtz
- Distress Crayons, NeoColours or similar will also be suitable and I will have some to share.
- A variety of stencils with open patterns and one with a small pattern
- Rubber stamps suitable for adding a scroll/flourish type patterns. I will bring some to share.
- Quote stamp if you wish to use something different to the one I have used.
- Neutral toned printed paper for collage. I have used paper from a Prima paper pad but a few sheets of scrapbook paper will be suitable.
- A variety of paint brushes including a wide one suitable for gel medium
- Black Stabilo or black watercolour pencil/charcoal pencil – Bella Paperie now has these in stock
- Grey permanent stamping ink if you have it (Ranger Archival brand preferred, not Stazon)
- White gesso
- Matt medium
- Texture paste
- Liquitex matt gel medium (available from Bella Paperie, usual matt medium will not be strong enough)
- Paint palette – one with separate wells will be very useful
- Paint spatula
- Sponge for stencilling
- Non–stick craft mat
- Spray bottle for water
- Baby wipes
- Paper towel
- Container for water
- Heat tool
Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Phone 3205 5911 to book. Class runs 10am – 2pm, June 17 and costs $30 with some supplies provided.