What does your creative garden need to bloom? Supplies, techniques, inspiration, time? Perhaps a creative journaling class will encourage those flowers to bloom?
This class will aim to indulge your inner child while you paint sweet, scribbly flowers. I’ll show you some ways to get visual texture on your page without picking up texture medium, plus a simple background technique to make your images pop and how to easily transfer imagery to your page ready for painting. As always, experienced journalers will still find a lot to learn in class and I’ll find a way to challenge your skills if you would like.
If you already art journal – bring along your usual kit, if not check the requirements list for a guide on what to bring. You will need an approx. A4 sized journal to begin with – please check in store for details. We would love to know where you are at with mixed media so let Deb know when you book in – absolute beginners are very welcome but the more experienced will find something to challenge them in each class.
We will be working in an A4 sized journal and please have on hand –
- A few stencils with open type patterns
- Stamps for background – I will bring some to share
- Permanent stamping inks in shades of light blue & green if you have them
- Black permanent pen
- White gel pen
- Black paint pen if you have one
- A variety of acrylic paints in flower colours plus some suitable for the background
- A variety of paint brushes
- Pencil, soft lead
- Ball point pen
- White gesso
- Liquitex Matt medium
- Paint palette – one with separate wells will be very useful
- Paint spatula
- Non–stick craft mat
- Spray bottle for water
- Sponges for stencilling
- Baby wipes
- Paper towel
- Container for water
- Heat tool
- N.B. I will bring the flower imagery I have used to create sample page. If you wish to use your own, you will need photocopies of a variety of different sized flowers that are photographed from above rather than the side with diameters ranging from approx. 3 – 10cm.
Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Phone 3205 5911 to book. Class runs 10.30am – 2.30pm, May 25 and costs $30 with some supplies provided.