Looking for something creative to do this week?
On Thursday, I’m running another Learn for Free session at Bella Paperie about using the Gel Press plates. Pop in any time between 10am – noon and get ready to soak up some knowledge, no need to book.
You are invited to bring your questions as you will have a chance to pick my brain about monoprinting! If you happen to miss it, I’ll also be demoing with the Gel Press at our Paper Craft Trail on May 5.
On Friday, I’ll be teaching an art journal class centred around the beauty of abstract flowers. After all,
The Earth laughs in flowers…
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
it’s one of my favourite quotes and one that springs to mind whenever I see beautiful bunches of flowers or joyfully planted gardens. Why not put some happiness into your art journal with this abstract floral page?
This class will start with a textured page based on printed paper napkins and then we will build a beautiful bunch of flowers on top that will be wonderfully touchable. If you did a similar class with me previously, the techniques used for this one are quite different.
If you already art journal – bring along your usual kit, if not check the requirements list for a guide on what to bring. You will need an approx. A4 sized journal to begin with – please check in store for details. We would love to know where you are at with mixed media so let Deb know when you book in – absolute beginners are very welcome but the more experienced will find something to challenge them in each class.
We will be working in an A4 sized journal and please have on hand –
- Paper napkins with all over types of designs. Abstract flowers and subtle pattern collages will work best and I will have some to share.
- A variety of acrylic paints, particularly in flower colours plus some suitable for the background
- A variety of paint brushes including a wide one suitable for matt medium
- Black Stabilo or black watercolour pencil – Bella Paperie now has these in stock
- White gesso
- Liquitex Matt medium
- Paint palette – one with separate wells will be very useful
- Paint spatula
- Non–stick craft mat
- Spray bottle for water
- Baby wipes
- Paper towel
- Container for water
- Heat tool
- I will provide the cheesecloth, book paper & tissue paper
Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Phone 3205 5911 to book. Class runs 10am – 2pm, April 27 and costs $30 with some supplies provided.