Live in the moment…take time to notice the small details of life
Creating multi-layered, textured backgrounds can become quite an enjoyable, calming exercise in play. Why not join me this Sunday and I’ll show you how to easily create beautiful backgrounds in your art journal and then we will paint a pretty butterfly in an impressionistic style.
This workshop will focus on creating background textures with a variety of materials and using clear crackle medium for a subtle effect.
We will be working in an A4 sized journal and please have on hand –
- White tissue paper for background texture, approx. half the page is covered. I use tissue recycled from packaging
- Stickers for a word/quote if you wish to add something to the page at the end
- 2-3 acrylic paints for background – I have used a mix of blues, green and an earthy colour (see note below)
- Acrylic paints in butterfly colours for main image
- DecoArt Media Crackle Medium or other clear crackle medium (see note below)
- 2-3 stencils with open patterns for background
- A variety of paint brushes
- Wide paint brush for use with matt medium
- Pencil, rubber
- Black Stabilo pencil – now available from Bella Paperie
- Liquitex Matt medium
- Sponge for stencilling
- White gesso or paint
- Paint palette – one with separate wells will be very useful
- Paint spatula
- Non–stick craft mat
- Spray bottle for water
- Baby wipes
- Paper towel
- Container for water
- Heat tool
N.B. For this workshop, we will be using DecoArt Media Crackle Medium & Fluid Acrylics and some paints will be available for use in class. If you have your own, please bring them along to save waiting. I will also provide the cheesecloth which forms part of the textural element on the page. A butterfly image will be provided for use in workshop, you may wish to bring your own to trace if you would like something a little different.
Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Phone 3205 5911 to book. Workshop runs 10am – 2pm, March 4 and costs $30 with some supplies provided.