Feeling like a bit of creative play this weekend? Why not join me at Bella Paperie this Sunday for my monthly art journal class?
I’m a huge tea drinker so it seemed right to share my love of tea and cute tea cups with my mixed media art journal class.
This month we will create a sweet stack of tea cups and layer them into our journal. These cups are so much fun to create and use a bunch of different techniques that you can apply to other pages in your journal. I’ll also share some tricks for turning a simple tea cup image into a handy template for your journal.
We will be working in an A4 sized journal and please have on hand –
- I will provide a set of tea cup images for use as a starting point but if you would like to use your own the cups need to be approx. 10cm wide at rim & 7-9cm high. You will need ‘profile’ type images.
- watercolours & appropriate brushes – please bring what you have to paint the tea cups. Gelatos, watercolour powders or waterbased sprays in flat colours are a good substitute. We could also use watered down acrylic paints if necessary.
- approx A4 sheet smooth watercolour paper (we have this in stock)
- graphite paper if you would like to trace your tea cups
- a couple of your favourite stencils with small patterns
- small stamps to use for tea cup patterns
- clear Versamark ink, clear embossing powder & white embossing powder (if you have them it will save waiting)
- a pack of post-it notes or masking tape will be handy for masking areas of the tea cups
- I will provide the quote I have used but if you would like to use an alternative, bring it along. Tim Holtz Chit Chat wording is fantastic to use.
- Liquitex white gesso
- Liquitex matt medium
- pallet knife
- approx. 1” wide brush
- variety of smaller brushes including approx. #4 round if you don’t have paint pens. If you don’t have watercolour brushes, also bring an approx. #8 round
- x-acto knife
- self healing cutting mat
- black permanent pen in a variety of widths if you have them. You will need a 0.3mm & we have Copic Multiliners in stock
- paint pens/markers/gel pens in a variety of colours, if you have them
- coloured pencils may be handy
- white Sharpie paint pen or white gel pen
- gold pen – either paint pen, gel pen or gold leaf pen will work or gold paint & fine brush
- 2–3 matt acrylic paints in pale colours for background, I’ve used green & yellow
- a couple of darker colours for background splotches
- small sponges for paint
- spray bottle
- baby wipes
- paper towel
- container for water
- heat tool
Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Phone 3205 5911 to book. Class runs 10am – 2pm, June 4 and costs $30 with some supplies provided.