Often when you pick up a sheet of Christmas paper it carries the perfect pattern for trimming out and adding to a card. This Kaiser range from a previous Christmas was embellished with beautiful, foiled baubles which were easily folded into sparkly baubles. Foiled, glittered or heavily embellished papers are great for this technique.
To make the centre ornament:
– Circle punch or cut out five circles using a 1 ¾” punch or trace around a milk cap or similar.
– Fold each in half and adhere only one half of the first piece to a second, making sure that all edges are aligned. Keep adding folded ornaments until all are attached.
– Apply glitter glue to the edges and allow to dry.
– Cut a short piece of red pearlescent cord and affix to back of ornament. Attach to card.
– Punch out two approx. 1 ½: circles and attach to card with more cord. Or trim into a bauble shape.
Of course this card is more challenging to actually send to someone – the bauble doesn’t really fold flat. Better suited to a hand delivered gift!