I like to make the best use of all of the leftover paint on my Gelli plate and often print off a bunch of tags once my initial print is pulled. I’d like to show you what I have done with one of those ‘leftover-paint’ tags.
Here is what I started with – already it has a lot of texture and interest but it needs something more. I used a white crayon to colour some areas of the circles. [Ignore that eyelet – I changed my mind about the design half way through!]
Distress ink in a couple of different colours was sponged over parts of the tag. The darker the colour, the deeper the effect of the crayon resisting the dye ink.
Once the sponging was complete, the tag was wiped over with a tissue to highlight the crayon resist.
For more texture I stamped the tag with the Darkroom Door French Script background stamp. Make sure the script is right way up if you use one!
I used butterflies from two different Darkroom Door sets – Wings & Butterflies stamped onto watercolour card so that I could use Distress markers and a water brush to colour them.
For a finishing touch I gave a strip of vellum a torn edge and inked with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink. Words were trimmed from the Journey word block set. Some Distress ink coloured, seam binding completed the tag.
3 thoughts on “A Gelli Printed Tag”
Wow, this is so gorgeous! Beautiful print, perfect for the butterflies. Love your use of a crayon here.
Gorgeous tag Robyn!
Love the effect on this one Robyn.