Join me at Bella Paperie on November 17 to create this gorgeous set of Christmas cards in traditional colours. The class will feature a number of Darkroom Door Christmas stamps, so it is a great opportunity to come and play with one you have been eyeing.
Supplies to bring –
- Usual cardmaking kit including dauber, wet glue, foam adhesive & sharp scissors
- Black permanent ink (not Stazon)
- Red Geranium Archival ink
- Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink
- Fired Brick Distress Ink
- Gold pigment ink
- Gold embossing powder
- Sponge dauber
- Glitter glue for baubles
- Dye based markers for colouring bauble
- Spray bottle of water
- Non-stick craft mat
- Baby wipes
- Aquash brush or small paint brush & water container
- Ruler, pencil & rubber
- Scoreboard/bone folder
- Corner rounder
Class will be held, Friday Nov 17, 9.30am – 12.30pm, cost is $25. Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Please phone 3205 5911 to book.
Life is Good!
It sure seemed like that when I recently received a lovely pack of goodies to create some mixed media projects for Couture Creations. It was fun to stretch my creative muscle and use colours that aren’t my ‘usual’. Pop by the Couture Creations blog to check out details of how my art journal page came together.
My pack included some of the Couture Creations Anna Griffin Texture Paste & Couture Creations pigment powders so I decided to use them in a way similar to paper clay to create a unique embellishment for my page.
A huge thanks to Couture Creations for inviting me to be a guest designer, check out their product range while you visit the blog – so many wonderful goodies to play with! I hope you enjoy checking out my project.
Feeling like a bit of creative play this weekend? Why not join me at Bella Paperie for my monthly art journal class? I recently attended a two day retailer only workshop with Dyan Reaveley where she shared masses of her art journaling and mixed media techniques. It was a packed two days and I’m still processing the huge amount of information Dyan shared with us.
In my November mixed media art journaling class, we will channel our inner Dyan Reaveley to create a multi-page spread featuring a variety of techniques that will take your pages from go to WOW! We will journal, doodle, stencil and stamp to create unique pages that become totally your own.
The page is a bit hard to photograph for full effect, so I created a little video for you –
If you already art journal – bring along your usual kit, if not check the requirements list for a guide on what to bring. You will need an approx. A4 sized journal to begin with – please check in store for details.
Supplies to bring:
- The lyrics of a poem or song that is special to you, either printed or selected on your phone. We will use the words for journaling beneath one of the pages.
- ~ A5 size piece of cardstock for stamping images
- colourful, permanent stamping inks
- Dylusions shaped journaling block if you have one
- Fine black pen for journaling
- Pencil, rubber
- Tape to reattach journal page – Dina Wakley Media Tape or Dylusions Journal Tape is the best to purchase but masking tape or wide washi tape will also work.
- Acrylic paints in a variety of warm & cool colours – bring your Dylusions paints if you have them
- White gesso or white paint
- Black gesso or paint
- Liquitex Matt medium
- Dylusions black & white paint pens, or small brush and black/white paint
- Sponge for stencilling, the Tim Holtz mini ink blending tool and a few sponges will be handy
- Variety of stencils for pattern making
- A selection of paint brushes for mark making
- ~ 1” wide, flat brush for matt medium
- Quote stamps – I will bring the ones I have used (Dylusions) plus a few Tim Holtz sets with interesting quotes
- Quirky imagery – I will have the Darkroom Door birds but bring some alternatives if you have them
- Small amount of thin collage paper
- Paint palette
- Non–stick craft mat
- Baby wipes
- Paper towel
- Container for water
- Heat tool
Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Phone 3205 5911 to book. Class runs 10am – 2pm, November 5 and costs $30 with some supplies provided.
Join me this Friday to create a unique set of cards & a gift box featuring the new Darkroom Door stencil collection. The techniques learnt in this mixed media card class are easily translatable to scrapbooking and art journaling.
Bring along your usual cardmaking kit including dauber, wet glue, foam adhesive & sharp scissors, black permanent ink (not Stazon), Spray bottle of water, non-stick craft mat, clear Stickles, baby wipes & an aquash brush
We will be using the following products so bring them along if you have them to save waiting –
- Distress Oxide Inks – Fossilized Amber, Walnut Stain, Spiced Marmalade, Candied Apple, Worn Lipstick, Broken China, Fired Brick, Peacock Feathers & Wilted Violet.
- Distress Inks – Twisted Citron or other green, Peacock Feathers, Mustard Seed, Candied Apple, Worn Lipstick
- Stencils with small patterns
- Gelatos or dye based markers to colour flowers, butterfly & bird
Class will be held, Friday Oct 27, 9.30am – 12.30pm, cost is $25. Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Please phone 3205 5911 to book.
Each month I am creating a project with brand new Stampendous stamps to inspire you. You also have a chance to win them via the monthly blog hop competition run by The Stencil Specialists, the Australian wholesaler for Stampendous.
I love nothing better than getting a brand new stamp inky…even better when it comes with its own dies so I don’t need to do any fussy cutting! This month we are using the Seated Elf stamp & die set and I just love how cute this elf is. I thought he would look perfect sitting on a present, just ready to decide if you have been naughty or nice.
The images were coloured with Ecoline markers and I had stamped an extra pair of ‘bows’ to use for layering. They were trimmed a little extra, cutting off parts of the bow and attached with foam tape. I like the dimension this gives to the card.
So have you been good?
Why not visit all the blogs on the hop, leave a comment on each October blog hop post and you could be in the running to win this cute set.
Julie – The Stencil Specialists
Donna – Luv to Emboss
Tracy Moloney – Tracy’s Creative Adventures
Contest details –
To enter please visit each blog post and comment on the October blog hop post, make sure you tell us what state you live in so we know you are an Aussie. Each comment is one entry, so comment on each blog and you will have four entries into the contest. Make sure you only comment once per blog. This competition is open to Australian residents only and the winner will be selected randomly by Julie after the end of the month. The prize will be cling Seated Elf CLD09.
PS You can subscribe to my blog to receive updates and sneaks for the next challenge.