Today I’d like to share my most recent project for LuLu Art – an ATC Accordion Folder. This was such a sweet project to make and a bit different for me as I usually use stamped images – the ATC’s in this one use collage sheets. Available from LuLu Art of course!
If you would like to see full details – hop over to the LuLu Art blog to find my project here. You can also watch the YouTube video I made showing details.
While you are there – check out the Design Team call! I have had a ball of fun designing for Lisa the past 6 months so give it a go.
Whenever I sit down to create some Gelli prints, I always have an art journal out to mop up the excess paint on my plate. The prints from these ‘leftovers’ add instant texture to any background and provide the perfect starting point for a project.
Today I’d like to share an art journal page featuring some Darkroom Door stamps – Carved Birds Vol 1, Alphabet Medley & Chicken Wire.
The page features many layers of paint and ink. The birds were doodled on with gel pens & a white Sharpie paint pen to make them stand out from the background a little more.
You might not have noticed but aside from using the Alphabet Medley set for my journaling, I also used the smaller set as a background stamp. I haven’t cut each of the letters apart yet – I think I might leave each of the alphabets intact so I can use them this way more often!
I have the habit of taking lots of step by step pics so decided to create a slideshow of the process.
Today I’m sharing a cute Copic coloured card on the Lime Tart blog. Pop over here and check it out.
Today I’m sharing a sneak for a card that I created for the Lime Tart blog which incorporates the use of washi tape. If you are like me, you will have a sizeable stash of this gorgeous tape and this card quickly creates cards with a lovely pop of colour.
You can check out my card here.
I like to make the best use of all of the leftover paint on my Gelli plate and often print off a bunch of tags once my initial print is pulled. I’d like to show you what I have done with one of those ‘leftover-paint’ tags.
Here is what I started with – already it has a lot of texture and interest but it needs something more. I used a white crayon to colour some areas of the circles. [Ignore that eyelet – I changed my mind about the design half way through!]
Distress ink in a couple of different colours was sponged over parts of the tag. The darker the colour, the deeper the effect of the crayon resisting the dye ink.
Once the sponging was complete, the tag was wiped over with a tissue to highlight the crayon resist.
For more texture I stamped the tag with the Darkroom Door French Script background stamp. Make sure the script is right way up if you use one!
I used butterflies from two different Darkroom Door sets – Wings & Butterflies stamped onto watercolour card so that I could use Distress markers and a water brush to colour them.
For a finishing touch I gave a strip of vellum a torn edge and inked with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink. Words were trimmed from the Journey word block set. Some Distress ink coloured, seam binding completed the tag.