Feeling like a bit of creative play this weekend? Why not join me at Bella Paperie for my monthly art journal class? I recently attended a two day retailer only workshop with Dyan Reaveley where she shared masses of her art journaling and mixed media techniques. It was a packed two days and I’m still processing the huge amount of information Dyan shared with us.
In my November mixed media art journaling class, we will channel our inner Dyan Reaveley to create a multi-page spread featuring a variety of techniques that will take your pages from go to WOW! We will journal, doodle, stencil and stamp to create unique pages that become totally your own.
The page is a bit hard to photograph for full effect, so I created a little video for you –
If you already art journal – bring along your usual kit, if not check the requirements list for a guide on what to bring. You will need an approx. A4 sized journal to begin with – please check in store for details.
Supplies to bring:
- The lyrics of a poem or song that is special to you, either printed or selected on your phone. We will use the words for journaling beneath one of the pages.
- ~ A5 size piece of cardstock for stamping images
- colourful, permanent stamping inks
- Dylusions shaped journaling block if you have one
- Fine black pen for journaling
- Pencil, rubber
- Tape to reattach journal page – Dina Wakley Media Tape or Dylusions Journal Tape is the best to purchase but masking tape or wide washi tape will also work.
- Acrylic paints in a variety of warm & cool colours – bring your Dylusions paints if you have them
- White gesso or white paint
- Black gesso or paint
- Liquitex Matt medium
- Dylusions black & white paint pens, or small brush and black/white paint
- Sponge for stencilling, the Tim Holtz mini ink blending tool and a few sponges will be handy
- Variety of stencils for pattern making
- A selection of paint brushes for mark making
- ~ 1” wide, flat brush for matt medium
- Quote stamps – I will bring the ones I have used (Dylusions) plus a few Tim Holtz sets with interesting quotes
- Quirky imagery – I will have the Darkroom Door birds but bring some alternatives if you have them
- Small amount of thin collage paper
- Paint palette
- Non–stick craft mat
- Baby wipes
- Paper towel
- Container for water
- Heat tool
Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Phone 3205 5911 to book. Class runs 10am – 2pm, November 5 and costs $30 with some supplies provided.