Where will your art adventure take you?
Discover how much fun it can be when we turn basic acrylic paints into ink-like goodness. This class features a fluffy, colour streaked background and a watercoloured hot air balloon.
We will spend the class painting and collaging to create a one of a kind journal page that becomes unique to you. I’ll also show you how you can incorporate Distress Oxide inks into your journal pages. But don’t worry – if you can’t draw a hot air balloon, I have an easy fix!
We will be working in an A4 sized journal and please have on hand –
- I will provide you with the reference image for a vintage hot air balloon. If you would like to paint something different please bring along some images to use that are printed onto photocopy paper. The image I have used is 10cm x 18cm so something similar size will be perfect.
- Collage papers – only a small amount is needed & I’ll have dictionary paper for you to use
- Border stamps or stencils
- Distress Oxide inks in Broken China/Faded Jeans/Iced Spruce if you have them.
- Liquitex white gesso
- Pallet knife
- approx. 1” wide brush
- variety of smaller brushes including a small fine one
- Graphite paper or similar if you wish to trace the image instead of drawing one
- Stabilo or charcoal pencil if you have one
- black permanent pen for doodling
- matt acrylic paints in the colours you would like to use for a background (I have used shades of blue)
- watercolours – please bring what you have. Watercolour powders and pencils will also work.
- small sponges for paint
- word stamps or stencils. Black rub ons will also work well.
- non–stick craft mat
- spray bottle of water
- baby wipes
- paper towel
- container for water
- heat tool
Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Phone 3205 5911 to book. Class runs 10am – 2pm, July 2 and costs $30 with some supplies provided.