Feeling like a bit of creative play this weekend? Why not join me at Bella Paperie this Sunday for an art journal class?
We will be creating a cute page full of funky fairy houses. Don’t worry, if you don’t think you can draw houses (even though you so can!) I do have a plan for you. If you don’t wish to draw fairy houses then the techniques will work just as well with something else (mushrooms, owls, flowers), just bring some alternative inspiration material. Spend a bit of time on Pinterest and you are sure to find something to inspire you.
We will be working in an A4 sized journal and please have on hand –
- a variety of collage papers – scrapbook papers or book papers will work perfectly. We won’t be using napkins this time around though.
- a couple of your favourite stencils with small patterns
- a variety of mark making tools like lids will be useful
- Liquitex white gesso
- Liquitex matt medium
- palette knife
- approx. 1” wide brush
- variety of smaller brushes including approx. #4 round if you don’t have paint pens
- scissors/X-acto knife
- black permanent pens in a variety of widths if you have them
- paint pens/markers in a variety of colours, if you have them
- coloured pencils, markers or permanent markers will be handy
- white Sharpie paint pen or white gel pen
- 2–3 matt acrylic paints in warm & cool colours (Distress & Dylusions paints are perfect).
- small sponges for paint
- spray bottle
- non–stick craft mat
- baby wipes
- paper towel
- container for water
- heat tool
N.B. Please ensure you bring ‘matt’ paints along – glossy ones tend to stick in an art journal
Bella Paperie is located at Shop 33, 302 South Pine Road, Brendale. Phone 3205 5911 to book. Class runs 10am – 2pm, April 2nd and costs $30 with some supplies provided.