Last week it was my turn to share a project on the LuLu Art blog and I’ve chosen to use a set of brand new Dina Wakley stamps to create an art journal page. I tend to love anything insect themed so these were perfect for the page I had in mind.
This page caused me to muse on the theme of transformation and what it can mean to each of us. It can be learning a new skill, taking on a new challenge, making new friends or making a major life change. Often, we don’t realise how big the change is until it is well past.
Here is a list of the supplies I used, don’t forget that you can find them all online in the LuLu Art store.
- Dylusions – Creative Journal
- Watercolour Paper scraps, Strathmore
- Dina Wakley Stamps – Scribbly Insects
- Dina Wakley Stencil – You Can
- Gelatos – various colours for butterflies
- Ranger Distress paint – Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Spiced Marmalade
- Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic – Night, Ruby, Turquoise
- Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black, Watering Can, Monarch Orange
- Pearl Ex – Macro Pearl
- Non-stick craft mat
- White Sharpie
- Matte Medium
- Tissue paper
Thanks for joining me again today, I love inspiring you to create something different and to give you some ideas on interesting techniques to try. Don’t forget to comment below with a link to your blog if you try something similar or have a project you would like to share with me.